Realtors Confidence Index
The REALTORS® Confidence Index is a key indicator of housing market strength based on a monthly survey sent to over 50,000 real estate practitioners. Practitioners are asked about their expectations for home sales, prices and market conditions. In addition, the “Questions of the Month,” feature results of a timely aspect of the housing market.
- Properties were typically on the market for 49 days (42 days in January 2018).
- Seventy-eight percent of respondents reported that home prices remained constant or rose in January 2019 compared to levels one year ago (89 percent in January 2018).
- Cash sales made up 23 percent of sales (22 percent in January 2018).
- Twenty-one percent of sellers offered incentives such as paying for closing costs (10 percent), providing warranty (8 percent), and undertaking remodeling (3 percent).
- REALTORS® report “interest rate” and “low inventory” as the major issues affecting transactions in January 2019.